The ACTIFLO® CARB process combines the features and the efficiency of ACTIFLO®.
ACTIFLO® CARB is equipped with a contact tank that utilizes powdered activated carbon for the adsorption of non-flocculable organic matter, taste and odor compounds, pesticides and emerging micro-pollutants. The operating characteristics of ACTIFLO® CARB are identical to those of ACTIFLO®, providing it with the features of a rapid yet high performance treatment process, ensuring the production of very high quality water.
- Thanks to powdered activated carbon, ACTIFLO® CARB ensures the production of drinking water of very high quality. It is ideal for the treatment of varying polluted raw waters, and makes it possible to achieve up to 95% removal of pesticides and refractory compounds.
- ACTIFLO® CARB is also well adapted to tertiary wastewater treatment applications, targeting removals of emerging micro-pollutants, especially endocrine disruptors. Thanks to the optional use of ozone, the process is capable of eliminating up to 95% of the endocrine disruptors and their ozonation by-products.
- ACTIFLO® CARB is also well suited for industrial applications, specifically for the removal of COD that is refractory to chemical and/or biological treatment.
Thanks to the use of powdered activated carbon, ACTIFLO® CARB allows:
- An efficient removal of pollutants that are refractory to conventional clarification to achieve high treated water quality;
- The upgrade of existing installations, enabling their rehabilitation at low costs.
By combining the qualities of activated carbon with ACTIFLO®'s high rate clarification, treatment efficiency, operational flexibility and reduced footprint, ACTIFLO® CARB represents the ideal solution in water pollution control and polishing.
ACTIFLO® TWIN CARB
Depending on raw water composition and treatment objectives, the process is also available in the ACTIFLO® TWIN CARB configuration. This unique design consists of two ACTIFLO® units in series allowing optimum overall treatment performance and reduced consumption of activated carbon.
The first ACTIFLO® unit consists of typical clarification for the removal of high turbidity and flocculable compounds, followed by a second ACTIFLO® CARB polishing unit for the physical adsorption of non-flocculable compounds.
The unique ACTIFLO® TWIN CARB design is especially suited for the treatment of highly polluted waters, making it possible remove up to 90% of the total organic carbon, with influent levels up to 15 milligrams per liter or greater.
- Montluçon, France (28,800 m³/d, 2014)
- Sablé sur Sarthe, France (28,800 m³/d, 2014)
- La Chesnaie, Coutures, France (12,000 m³/d, 2013)
- Media, Romania (16,300 m³/d, 2012)
- Fuyang, Hangzhou, China (250,000 m3/d, 2012)
- TW Moses, Indianapolis, IN, USA (90,850 m³/d, 2011)
- Bouil de Chambon, France (12,000 m³/d, 2009)
- Huntsman, Qingdao, China (1,000 m3/d, 2009)
ACTIFLO® TWIN CARB
- Romorantin-Lanthenay, France (11,000 m³/d, 2014)
- Cholet, France (33,600 m³/d, 2014)
- Chézy-sur-Marne, France (9,600 m³/d, 2014)
- Parker Water & Sanitation District (Greater Denver), CO, USA (37,900 m³/d, 2014)
- Mervent, France (24,000 m³/d, 2013)
- Durtal, France (4,800 m³/d, 2011)
- Aire-sur-La-Lys, France (109,000 m³/d, 2010)
- Perros Guirec, France (9,600 m³/d, 2009)
- Lucien Grand, France (72,000 m³/d, 2009